I had an idea for a game that I wanted to make a rough test to get a sense of scale of things. Turns out, things in the universe are really-really big!
Use mouse scroll + click and drag to adjust the view. You can get a sense for most of the game by just slowly scrolling out.
Use WASD to move the ship (though there is nothing to explore at the moment, and the view does not track the ship).
As you zoom out, you will notice different circles. Each represents a celestial body:
- Ship, 110 meters radius: small blue circle
- Moon, 1,737,400 meters radius: next circle, gray
- Earth, 6,371,000 meters radius: next circle, green
- Smallest known star, 143,000,000 meters radius: next circle, dark red
- Our sun, 695,800,000 meters radius: next circle, orange
- Largest known star, 1,043,700,000,000 meters radius: next circle, dark red
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.